Friday, May 12, 2006

Using your Historical Imagination

Hey!

How are you doing there in Thailand? Britain is nothing but a disaster man! I’m sure that you have already heard about the US missiles in Europe. I’m sure you also know about the other few billions of missiles scattered around the world. And incase you have not been notified … I happen to be living on the land in between the two rivalry superpowers!!! Heck with the Cold War! People hear in Europe live in dear of being blown up any second … and it’s no fun at all. I participated in a demonstration today *Thank God demonstrations exist* Hundreds of people, including me, stayed resting on the ground blocking the way to the Cruise Missile base at Greenham Common. Many people feel the same fear that I am facing and there is no way that we are going to let these mindless army people get to the missile bases to start off World War III and blow us up! We didn’t know if the police would take us to jail or would they just run over us with their big fat tanks like the Tian An Men incident in China. Lol. I stayed there for a few hours and the place got a little too tight and humid. But overall the experience was fun, and if sure feels good to know that there are still people out there who are concerned about this issue and are willing to fight against it! It’s been a while since I’ve gone back to visit Thailand. Are there demonstrations back in Thailand too?
Peace (I’m not sure if I still know the meaning of the word anymore =P)
Your friend,
George Shakespeare

PS Yeah I saw the TV people taking videos of us at the demonstration – I’m going to be on TV man!! Want my autograph? >”<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home